Sump Pump 101: Cleaning and Repair
What is a sump pump? Sump pumps are the most effective and efficient way to drain water quickly from your home. pair.
This post is designed to educate you on the importance of a having a sump -pump in your home while also offering useful cleaning and repair techniques.
For any questions regarding the equipment in your home, let us be your first call for all sump pump installation, maintenance and service issues.
Types of Sump-Pumps
There are two types of sump-sumps:
- Submersible: The submersible sump-pump is the quieter, less obtrusive option. Ideal for those with children, the submersible sump-pump is also cleaner and designed for a finished basement.
- Pedestal: The pedestal sump-pump is the more economical equipment option. The exposed motor also makes it easier to access parts and perform repairs.
See Heatons online tips and plumbing basics for more detailed information about equipment installation and repair – all designed to maximize your plumbing’s efficiency throughout your home.
Sump Pumps Service and Testing
Routine testing of your sump-pump can ensure that your equipment will run properly in the event of a downpour. Testing can easily be done on your own with these simple steps:
- Pour a bucket of water into the sump pit. The pump should turn on immediately and the water should start to drain from the pit and quickly shut itself off.
Sump Pumps Cleaning and Replacement
Proper cleaning and replacement (if necessary) of your sump-pump is key to your equipment working efficiently in the event of an emergency. Our routine cleaning tips include the following:
- Regularly remove any dirt, sand, gravel or debris from your equipment.
- Make sure to check that the incoming drainage lines are free of dirt and debris so that water can reach the sump pit easily.
Call the Sump Pump Professional
When you want to call in the plumbing and equipment experts, look no further than Heaton Plumbing. Whether you have questions whether your sump-pump is still fully functioning, need replacement parts or want to inquire about new equipment installation, we can do it all.