What to Look For in a Plumber – 10 Tips
For most of us a plumbing problem requires the assistance of a professional plumber. Sometimes hiring a plumber is necessary to help you locate a plumbing problem in your home. It is essential to find a plumber that can meet your specific needs and solve specific plumbing issues. In this section we will provide you with ten tips to keep in mind when searching for a plumber. After all it is your hard earned money and no one likes spending cash on plumbing issues which leads to the first item:
- Price: Although price is important, you should not sacrifice quality or skill to obtain a lower price. We recommend that you use price to compare several plumbers – get a few bids to make sure pricing is consistent. From here go with the most competitive option.
- Experience: Experience is the most important measure of a plumber. The more experience a plumber has, especially with your specific problem, the better he or she can resolve them.
- Knowledge of plumbing problems: A plumber should be able to identify and explain the reasons for your issues. A good plumber can also help you prevent similar issues from happening again.
- Explanation: Your plumber should be able to explain to you the reasons for the things that he or she does. This means that the plumber knows the situation and has a plan to resolve it.
- Guarantee Policies: Any guarantee or warranty offered by the plumber is a good sign. A plumber that is willing to stand behind his or her work means that he or she will provide quality service that will hold up and not need anymore maintenance.
- References: References are important so that you can assess the overall experience, skill, and efficiency of the plumber you plan to hire. Many website such as Yelp, Angies List and google searches in general can help you get reviews on a specific plumbing company before you hire them.
- License: Depending on the state you live in, the plumber may require a license. A license is important, as it demonstrates that the plumber has proficiency in his or her field. A licensed plumber is more likely to provide you with quality service.
- Insurance: Insurance is important in case there are any mistakes or accidents during the job. If an uninsured plumber works on your home and there are problems with the work at some point in the future, you may have to pay for the repairs, so hiring an insured plumber can give you peace of mind in case there are problems.
- Written estimate: A written estimate is important so you know the cost for the plumbing repairs before the plumber begins the repairs.
- Appearance: No one likes a plumber crack! A plumber that looks neat is more likely to work neatly.
The most important things to determine before you hire a plumber are – knowledge, experience, references, and licensing. While you can usually resolve some plumbing issues in your home, other, more severe issues may require you to contact a professional plumber immediately. For more information on the services a plumber can provide, contact us today!